[Snort-devel] 1.8.1 b78 and Signals

Erek Adams erek at ...105...
Sat Sep 15 10:26:01 EDT 2001

There was a bunch of questions recently on snort-users about snort and
signals.  After a while, I started playing around with it some and found this:
Snort 1.8.1 b78 (cvs update) crashes on the third SIGUSR1 it gets sent.

It's quite consistant with this, I've been able to reproduce it every time
with the following:  kill -USR1 <PID of Snort> && sleep 20 &&  kill -USR1 <PID
of Snort> && sleep 20 &&  kill -USR1 <PID of Snort> && sleep 20

It's on Solaris 7 sparc, fully patched.  Libpcap 0.6.2.

Any ideas?

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy