[Snort-devel] [ snort-Bugs-460988 ] Build Problems on Tru64 5.1

noreply at ...12... noreply at ...12...
Wed Sep 12 20:27:02 EDT 2001

Bugs item #460988, was opened at 2001-09-12 12:22
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=103357&aid=460988&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I'm having a number of issues when building snort
1.8.1 and the (9/12/01) daily on a Tru64 5.1 (alpha)
box.  I'm using Compaq's latest Devel Tool Kit C
compiler, version 6.4 (had the same problems with
6.3), which is much more GCC compatable than the
stock Compaq CC.  The build in question is a straight
build with no options (other than SSL support, which
configure added on its own).

Issue 1: Incompatable inline declaration.  Line 66 of
debug.h reads:

static __inline__ void DebugMessage(int dbg,char
*fmt, ...) {}

This generates a compiler error.  The Compaq compiler
does accept the Microsoft style __inline declaration.

Issue 2. Pointer Mismatches.  After the change above,
snort will compile and returns help correctly.  There
are a large number of pointer mismatches (58 reported
by the compiler).  I'm concerned about possible
problems with a long-running daemon proecess (esp. a
network/security process) having so many potential
hic-ups.

I'm attaching the output of the configure/build
procsess.  Please let me know if any additional
inffomation would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tom