[Snort-devel] RFE: -V option expansion

Erek Adams erek at ...105...
Sun Sep 9 23:54:02 EDT 2001

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Jed Pickel wrote:

> Does anyone know where these RPMs (without db support) are coming
> from?

No idea.  From what I gather, some users are rolling thier own, and then
giving that RPM out to others...

> The -V option listing what is supported seems like a good idea --
> although I don't see a quick and dirty way without adding another call
> for plugins to register.
>
> Something like AddFuncToVersionList(void (*func)) perhaps.

Oh, well...  I was hoping for something simple, not something to change every
single plugin!

> Till then -- note that upon executing, the db plugin currently lists
> what it supports.
>
> Look for a line like this:
>
>   database: compiled support for (mysql postgresql)

Yes, that's handy.  In fact, it was very useful in tracking down a rather
bizzare error someone was having just yesterday. :)

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy
TheAdamsFamily.Net