[Snort-devel] RFE: -V option expansion

Jed Pickel jed at ...7...
Sun Sep 9 21:37:01 EDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 08:23:42AM -0700, Erek Adams wrote:
> 	Could the -V option be expanded to list what/how the snort binary was
> compiled?  I see a lot of Linux users who want to use a DB, but the RPM
> they've gotten doesn't have the DB support in there.  It would be a handy
> feature if snort could report on what it's compiled options were.

Does anyone know where these RPMs (without db support) are coming
from?

The -V option listing what is supported seems like a good idea --
although I don't see a quick and dirty way without adding another call
for plugins to register.

Something like AddFuncToVersionList(void (*func)) perhaps.

Till then -- note that upon executing, the db plugin currently lists
what it supports.

Look for a line like this:

  database: compiled support for (mysql postgresql)

* Jed