[Snort-devel] Snort Core Dumps

william.c.gercken at ...350... william.c.gercken at ...350...
Thu Sep 6 08:42:02 EDT 2001

                    William C
                    Gercken              To:     "David Thibault" <david_tbo at ...445...>
                                         cc:
                    09/06/2001           Subject:     Re: [Snort-devel] Snort Core Dumps(Document link: William C Gercken)
                    11:34 AM

Dave,

I think that you need to update your libpcap to version 0.6.2.

-bill

                    "David Thibault"
                    <david_tbo at ...445...>              To:     snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
                    Sent by:                             cc:
                    snort-devel-admin at ...424...        Subject:     [Snort-devel] Snort Core Dumps
                    eforge.net

                    09/06/2001 11:24 AM

 Hello all,

I'm running Redhat 7.1, libpcap 0.4.0 (compiled from source),
mysql-3.23.36-1 (rpm) and I'm compiling snort 1.8.1 release from source.
Every time I try to compile with mysql, it compiles fine, but every time I
try to run snort it core dumps immediately.  It also does the same thing
with mysql-3.23.41-pc-linux-gnu-i686 binaries from mysql.com.  Are there
any version requirements I'm not aware of with this?  It appears to work
with postgresql, but not with mysql.  I configured with ./configure
--with-mysql=/usr to keep things simple.  I've also tried it turning
everything else off (--without-postgresql --without-openssl
--disable-flexresp) and I get the same results every time.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.  Please CC me directly if you respond to the list
since I'm not on the list.

Thanks,
Dave