[Snort-devel] little perfomance patch

Hartmut Prochaska hartmut.prochaska at ...224...
Tue Sep 4 08:14:09 EDT 2001

Hi,

I think I found three code parts, where some time could be safed:

1. I think we don't need tCreateTCPFlagStringo set flagbuffer to zero, as
every byte will filled in any case with values. (I added a line to fill the
last byte with a zero too) in log.c line 1753

2.+3. I checked the use of the function CreateTCPFlagString and found, that
in two functions it only needed to be called, when Debugging was active,
therefore I enclosed it in compiling conditions, so that this function will
only be executed if DEBUG is active. This could save only milliseconds, but
thats time too :-) in spp_stream4.c line 1017

I hope my analyse is correct and the patch is not junk.

I tried to contact Martin, but got no answer as he seems to be a little bit
busy. Whom may I contact, if I think I found something worth to "fix"? Or
shall I send all to this list?

Bye
Hartmut
--
"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and
    UNIX.  We don't believe this to be a coincidence."