[Snort-devel] Snort parse bug for $HOME_NET

Vazquez, Ed Ed.Vazquez at ...906...
Fri Oct 26 12:11:03 EDT 2001

OK on:

OpenBSD 2.9
Snort Version 1.8.2-beta0 (Build 84)
--and--
Snort Version 1.8.1-RELEASE

If I attempt to configure more than one address/network
in:
HOME_NET or EXTERNAL_NET
by using the documented format of:

var HOME_NET [10.0.0.0/8,204.132.208.0/24]

I get the following error on attempting to start Snort:

ERROR /etc/snort/snort.conf (33) => Rule IP addr ([10.0.0.0) didn't
x-late, WTF?
Fatal Error, Quitting..

So, the question begs itself:

What is the proper way to configure multiple addresses/networks?

If the document is correct, then the either Snort has an issue,
or is calling a function that is not generating the expected output.

--
Ed Vázquez

No, no.  That must be a different boy with the same name.
This one is still dying.  I just got the email about it last week!