[Snort-devel] Snort 1.8.1 Build 84 Question

Erickson Brent W KPWA erickson at ...593...
Fri Oct 19 11:34:17 EDT 2001

Goodmorning Snorters,

We have been running Snort on Windows NT since version 1.6 was ported to NT.

We currently are running 4 Snort systems utilizing version 1.8.1 build 79.

One system pushes alerts to me via e-mail and the other three systems log
data content for analysis.

We also brought up a fifth Snort system to log all traffic leaving and
entering our network with 6 port exceptions. This endeavor is working very
well.

I would like to tender my appreciation and heart felt thanks to the many
Snort developers and Snort users that have made version 1.8.1 such an
exceptional and versatile system. I would also like to thank Silicon Defense
for their support in providing the latest Snort releases and documentation.

I do have one simple question.

The latest change log entry in Windows Snort 1.8.1 build 79 and build 84 is
identical.

What are the changes in build 84 from build 79 ?

Could someone point me to a url or a location in Snort CVS at Source Forge
where I could see all the changes since build 79 to build 84 in a
comprehensive file ?

Thank you for your time and help.

Sincerely,

Brent Erickson