[Snort-devel] Can't uncompress the current cvs

Rich Adamson radamson at ...442...
Mon Oct 8 20:30:59 EDT 2001

> > http://www.snort.org/downloads/snort-daily.tar.gz = WORKS
> > http://www.snort.org/downloads/snortrules.tar.gz = WORKS
> > http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/snort-cvsroot.tar.gz = FAILS
> >
> > Don't think I'm going to try anymore... way to tired to carry this
> > on. If no one really cares that there "is" a difference, then I
> > don't either and I won't bother. I'm directly on the Internet; two
> > very different machines, no cache, no proxy, no nothing, same
> > problem both machines, two downloads work and the exact same one
> > always fails. What's wrong with this picture?
>
> What are you using to download these files?  Netscape?  Internet
> Explorer?  Mozilla?  Opera?  Which version?  Are you using Linux?
> FreeBSD?  Windows?  How can we help if you won't give us some details?

As previously stated:
  1. Linux with gunzip (that has "never" failed before, and I've been
     around the block with Linux for about six years, SunOS longer, etc.)
  2. IE v5.0sp2 on a Win98SE box

If those two don't cut it on "one" of the three supposedly identically
assembled tarballs, I don't think "I have a problem"!!!

Rich