[Snort-devel] Can't uncompress the current cvs

Chris Green cmg at ...81...
Mon Oct 8 11:53:18 EDT 2001

Rich Adamson  <radamson at ...442...> writes:

>> Please include links so we know exactly which one you mean.
>>
>> Is http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/snort-cvsroot.tar.gz

> Chris,
>
> Yes, the url shown above is the one. Just tried it again, and it indicates
> the exact same problem as yesterday. Neither Linux (gunzip) nor Winzip
> recognize the content of the tar.gz file. Downloads fine, but can't do
> anything with it. (Same unzip software works fine with the daily and the
> rules, which are also compressed tarballs.)
>
> Rich

try

wget http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/snort-cvsroot.tar.gz

I just repeated again and got the exact same file.  It seems to be
just fine.

sprout at ...873...:~% md5sum -b snort-cvs*
7893940403b6c66debb2b8e4b5c95c2f *snort-cvsroot.tar.gz
7893940403b6c66debb2b8e4b5c95c2f *snort-cvsroot.tar.gz.1

Perhaps you have webcache software in the middle but I don't know what
the problem is.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...81...>
Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.