[Snort-devel] Can't uncompress the current cvs

Rich Adamson radamson at ...442...
Mon Oct 8 09:18:11 EDT 2001

> Rich Adamson  <radamson at ...442...> writes:
>
> > Chris,
> >
> > Nope. The daily works fine; its the full CVS tree from the Development
> > section of the snort.org site. That option simply isn't working right.
> > Tried several times. Downloading the Rules and Daily functions absolutely
> > as expected on two different systems; the full CVS fails on both systems.
> > Last attempt was with IE v5.0 (which does function correctly with the
> > two files mentioned). Someone else in the development group tried the
> > full CVS and had the same problem yesterday, so fairly certain it is an
> > issue with how the CVS is constructed, or whatever.
> >
> > Rich
> >

> Please include links so we know exactly which one you mean.
>
> Is http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/snort-cvsroot.tar.gz
>
> What you were talking about?  It seems to be just fine as well
> currently.

Chris,

Yes, the url shown above is the one. Just tried it again, and it indicates
the exact same problem as yesterday. Neither Linux (gunzip) nor Winzip
recognize the content of the tar.gz file. Downloads fine, but can't do
anything with it. (Same unzip software works fine with the daily and the
rules, which are also compressed tarballs.)

Rich