[Snort-devel] Trying to get SNMP traps from Snort

Chris Green cmg at ...81...
Tue Oct 2 05:33:02 EDT 2001

"Robert D. Hughes" <rob at ...825...> writes:

> 1.  (*) text/plain          ( ) text/html
>
> Chris,
>
> Thanks. I've been able to send traps from the command line to my
> management console, but have not snort been able to get traps to the
> management console from snort. This was a basic test to make sure
> snmptrap functioned and that nothing was blocking the port. Here's the
> script I use to start snort (its mailly unedited to avoid removing
> something important, so I apologize for its length):

Length is fine - try running
/bin/snort -A FULL -c /usr/local/etc/snort/snort.conf -deX -i dc0 -z \
     all

( without the -D switch )

I think you will see a warning about "command line options overriding
config file logging"

Then try running without the -A FULL and instead only use logging
options in the config file.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...81...>