[Snort-devel] Memory-leak in snort-1.8.2 with logging to PostgreSQL database?

Peter Moore peter at ...799...
Mon Nov 19 06:35:04 EST 2001

James,
    i am logging Snort to a PostgreSQL database using Snort 1.8.2 and
PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on BeOS 5 (BONE).
I not experiencing any increase in RAM from the Snort process. I am also
logging alerts to the standard /var/log/snort/alert file as well.

my Snort is started: snort -c myconfigfile.conf
using the standard rules files plus a couple of my own.

Please note that i compiled mine with PostgreSQL support and OpenSSL support
as the only "optional extras". Did you compile in anything else which might
cause a problem?

cheers
peter
Peter Moore

peter at ...799...
http://beos.loved.com/
ICQ 926967 (old) 95022055 (new - Oct 18, 2000)