[Snort-devel] Is it possble you have a developer who is not on the right side?

Martin Roesch roesch at ...402...
Sun Nov 18 22:30:02 EST 2001

What leads you to believe that it's the snort process generating this
traffic?  Are you using flexible response?  What version of Snort are
you using?  What command line are you using?  What changes have you made
to the snort.conf?  What OS is Snort running on?  How are you sure that
the Snort process is the one that's actually generating the packets?
Where did you download this copy of Snort?

Snort has been available on the Windows platform for ove a year and half
and this is the first time anyone has reported anything like this.  In
fact, unless you downloaded it from someplace other than snort.org, I'd
hazard to say you've got a problem with some other piece of software on
your system...

    -Marty

--
Martin Roesch - President, Sourcefire Inc. - (410)552-6999