[Snort-devel] Is it possble you have a developer who is not on the right side?

Ted Hulick taylorsdaddy01 at ...445...
Sun Nov 18 21:37:02 EST 2001

I downloaded your package yesterday...I've been in the industry 22 years and I know what I'm doing...
I didn't alter the configuration, but since it's been downloaded - I've had to kill my network link 3 times...
I have a high speed cable line...one of my NT machines has launched numerous attacks across the
internet..and not even machines I contacted...i.e., incremental IP address and Port...
.how do I know, I have several tools...including a sniffer...

I think you should take a look at the Windows version of the download...I've seen enough evidence myself
to suggest it is seriously tainted by someone...it may not be as easy as testing it, as they have maybe
programmed to make sure it's not a "home address"....it's no joke.

Like I said, I'm no rookie...I do analyze networks for a living....I'm deleting this code, and the install...
and I won't recommend this package to anyone until you can explain what happened.

Feel free to call me...

   832-687-5200
   Ted Hulick

ps- Unless your code is seriously buggy, you have a/some tainted developers playing games.....