[Snort-devel] [ snort-Bugs-478815 ] Red Hat 7.x & Snort 1.8.2 w/ FlexResp

noreply at ...12... noreply at ...12...
Tue Nov 6 19:25:04 EST 2001

Bugs item #478815, was opened at 2001-11-06 11:08
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=103357&aid=478815&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It seems (after looking through the Snort mailing
lists, various newsgroups, the forums on snort.org,
and my personal experience with 1.8.2) that on a Red
Hat 7.x machine, 1.8.2 won't compile with FlexResp
enabled.

[root at ...926... snort]# ./configure --enable-flexresp
checking for a BSD compatible
install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler...
(cached) yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for sys/sockio.h... no
checking for paths.h... yes
checking for inet_ntoa in -lnsl... yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking whether printf must be declared... no
checking whether fprintf must be declared... no
checking whether syslog must be declared... no
checking whether puts must be declared... no
checking whether fputs must be declared... no
checking whether fputc must be declared... no
checking whether fopen must be declared... no
checking whether fclose must be declared... no
checking whether fwrite must be declared... no
checking whether fflush must be declared... no
checking whether getopt must be declared... no
checking whether bzero must be declared... no
checking whether bcopy must be declared... no
checking whether memset must be declared... no
checking whether strtol must be declared... no
checking whether strcasecmp must be declared... no
checking whether strncasecmp must be declared... no
checking whether strerror must be declared... no
checking whether perror must be declared... no
checking whether socket must be declared... no
checking whether sendto must be declared... no
checking whether vsnprintf must be declared... no
checking whether snprintf must be declared... no
checking whether strtoul must be declared... no
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for strlcpy... no
checking for strlcat... no
checking for strerror... yes
checking for floor in -lm... yes
checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... yes
checking "for libnet.h"... /usr/local/include
checking for u_int8_t... no
checking for u_int16_t... no
checking for u_int32_t... no
checking for a BSD compatible
install... /usr/bin/install -c
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
[root at ...926... snort]# make
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I/usr/include/pcap  -
I/usr/include  -g -O2 -Wall -DENABLE_RESPONSE -
D_BSD_SOURCE -D__BSD_SOURCE -D__FAVOR_BSD -
DHAVE_NET_ETHERNET_H -DLIBNET_LIL_ENDIAN -c snort.c
In file included from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:23,
                 from snort.h:43,
                 from snort.c:45:
/usr/include/stdint.h:49: redefinition of `uint8_t'
/usr/include/sys/types.h:196: `uint8_t' previously
declared here
/usr/include/stdint.h:50: redefinition of `uint16_t'
/usr/include/sys/types.h:197: `uint16_t' previously
declared here
/usr/include/stdint.h:52: redefinition of `uint32_t'
/usr/include/sys/types.h:198: `uint32_t' previously
declared here
make: *** [snort.o] Error 1
[root at ...926... snort]#

One user reported it being able to be compiled if an
aclocal and automake were performed, but said that in
all captured he did afterwards, he never saw flexresp
packets being sent.