[Snort-devel] defrag and stream in snort-1.7

Martin Roesch roesch at ...402...
Wed May 23 00:25:08 EDT 2001

Yes, we're here but I for one have been busy with several conferences.
Now that I'm finally back home, I'm going to probably take about a day
or three to get through the 795 messages in my inbox.  Pity me and
please be patient. ;)

     -Marty

Burak DAYIOGLU wrote:

> ¼Öºìʯ wrote:
> > I tested defrag using fragrouter,but it did not seem to work.
> > Are there any bugs in defrag and stream preprocessor in snort-1.7
> > or my test method is wrong ?
>
> If fragrouter can create overlapping fragments to test it will be
> obvious that Snort will not be able to catch up.
>
> I wrote an email to Mr. Roesch and Mr. Rui regarding overlapping
> fragments and one easy way to overcome this (roughly 2 weeks ago)
> with no answer back. Are they on the list listening?
>
> regards,
> -bd

Martin Roesch
roesch at ...402...