[Snort-devel] defrag and stream in snort-1.7

Burak DAYIOGLU dayioglu at ...287...
Tue May 22 05:38:16 EDT 2001

¼Öºìʯ wrote:
> I tested defrag using fragrouter,but it did not seem to work.
> Are there any bugs in defrag and stream preprocessor in snort-1.7
> or my test method is wrong ?

If fragrouter can create overlapping fragments to test it will be
obvious that Snort will not be able to catch up.

I wrote an email to Mr. Roesch and Mr. Rui regarding overlapping
fragments and one easy way to overcome this (roughly 2 weeks ago)
with no answer back. Are they on the list listening?

regards,
-bd