[Snort-devel] Inter-Sensor Communication? (long)

Fyodor fygrave at ...1...
Sun May 20 14:44:21 EDT 2001

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 02:21:09PM -0400, tlewis at ...255... wrote:
> Why not have snort drop stuff to a file and then use ssh to push it
> around?  Seems both easier and more robust.

Or use UDP as underlying protocol? Less reliable but no need
to keep track of 19^2 connections. Some 3DES crypto,
timestamps and DSA signatures would solve the problems with
sniffing/spoofing and replaying attacks.

I am still looking backwards into my mailbox for the rest of
this thread, I may put more feedback on the issue. :) Sorry
I am being a bit slow, (been away from my mail for 2 weeks
doing some onsite stuff out of town).

-Fyodor