[Snort-devel] now a crash in spp_tcp_stream3

Steve Halligan agent33 at ...269...
Tue May 15 13:03:42 EDT 2001

> The saga continues, I still have it sitting in gdb if anyone
> needs more
> data.
> CVS from 30 min ago:
> TcpStream3FillBuffer (sptr=0x5a5800, buf=0x5b103c "",
> psize=20000, server=1)
> at spp_tcp_stream3.c:1391
> 1391        first_seq = pdata->seq;

It appears to me that something nasty is getting in sptr->s_data->seq.  This
seg fault happens when server=1 so pdata=sptr->s_data.  If I print
sptr->s_data->seq after the crash it has been an unusually low value
(14????? (I forget the actual number), and 22 in another case).  Any
thoughts?
-Steve