[Snort-devel] CORRECTION: spo_xml patch to fix XML bug.

Bill Gercken bgercken at ...351...
Wed May 9 21:04:58 EDT 2001

CORRECTION: I performed the diff in the wrong direction in my last
submission (-) instead of (+).
Sorry for wasting bandwidth.

All,

Attached are patches for the spo_xml processor that checks/validates
strings for special characters that choke an XML processor such as:

 A name was started with an invalid
 character. Line 129, Position 40

    <signature>MISC source port 53 to <1024</signature>

The above line now is converted to:

<signature>MISC source port 53 to <1024</signature>

I have the code running on four production boxes without any problems, so
it appears to be stable. The diff was against 1.8-beta4 Build 18

Regards,

-bill

--
William C. Gercken