[Snort-devel] full-regex pattern match

Brian Caswell bmc at ...227...
Wed May 9 10:40:45 EDT 2001

Todd Lewis wrote:

> On Wed, 9 May 2001, Meneghetti Giovanni wrote:
>
> > BTW, the code is still *untested* and beta.
> >
> > Now the question is: How do I submit patches ?
>
> To make the patch, do:
>
>         diff -ruN snort.orig snort
>
> and mail the result to this list.
>
> How does this stack up against snort's existing regexp support?

It runs? :)  the current regex tag doesn't work at all.

I'm willing to bet that once existing regex tag actually WORKS (HINT,
HINT... POKE POKE.  MAKE IT GO!!!) it will be much faster.  Our
current iteration of regex only supports ? and *.  Thats good for most
things, and is still fairly fast.

-brian