[Snort-devel] New Stream reassembly code committed

Martin Roesch roesch at ...402...
Tue May 8 15:18:19 EDT 2001

Ok, I think we have a solution for the memory leaks in the stream
reassembler.  I just committed "stream3" to CVS, have a look at it and
try it out.  The new stream reassembler can handle a user-defined number
of streams (default 8192) simultaneously and should be able to do so
with more efficiency than the old one.  The new stream reassembler uses
a self-balancing AVL tree to store the stream nodes so it should be able
to handle a huge number of simultaneous sessions (on the order of
16-32,000).  Have a look at it and let me know how it works for you,
it's had some moderate testing here and appears to be working
decently...

     -Marty

--
Martin Roesch