[Snort-devel] new spp_defrag.c

Dragos Ruiu dr at ...40...
Thu Jun 28 19:46:53 EDT 2001

defragger with memory hard-hard limits
and out of memory alert thresholding so nobody
gets any snotty ideas about sticking in defrag
noise.  :-)

Some tweaks that should help the sparc people...
And a new higher efficiency timeout checker
and garbage collector.

Backwards compatible with snort 1.7 and 1.8 releases.
just replace spp_defrag.c

I sent an earlier version out to a few and didn't receive
any tracebacks yet so I assume it's ok. Here is a
slightly more aggresively defended version.

Send me your complaints... or cpu utilization benchmarks
and the %of fragmented traffic you have as I am trying
to benchmark...

cheers,
--dr