[Snort-devel] Threaded snort

agetchel at ...358... agetchel at ...358...
Fri Jun 15 00:01:40 EDT 2001

Hey Todd,
	Pardon my ignorance, like I've said before I'm no programmer, but
how could this be accomplished with one source tree?  It was my
understanding that various OS's have drastically different threading models,
and thus the code would have to be drastically different depending on the OS
it's being compiled on.  Is this not true?  I know that writing
multithreaded apps isn't hard, I've done it before, but I can't imagine
trying and take all of the threading idiosyncrasies of the over twenty OS's
that Snort runs on and put them all into one pretty package.

Thanks,
Abe

Abe L. Getchell - Security Engineer
Division of System Support Services