[Snort-devel] Snort Reassembly Plugin Bug?

Bart van Kuik bart at ...377...
Mon Jun 11 20:16:59 EDT 2001

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Marc Christian Necker wrote:
> I'm going through the code because I am currently interested in how snort
> handles received overlapping data. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me
> how it is supposed to do that (i.e. if later arriving data overwrites
> already buffered data or vice versa).

You wouldn't happen to have some documentation about that online,
would you?

Anyway, if you're interested, I am busy writing a report on
IDSes and it contains a chapter on the Snort code. See also
http://www.vankuik.nl/

(It seems Snort is a good study object).

Bart

--
Beer is good for you, when drunk in vast quantities.