[Snort-devel] Snort 1.8 Beta5 (Build 24) - Req. urgent help

william.c.gercken at ...350... william.c.gercken at ...350...
Mon Jun 11 09:02:05 EDT 2001

Looks like your are using the stream3 preprocessor. Switch to stream2 in
your conf file and see if that helps.
Marti suggested the use of stream2 until he gets a chance to rewrite
stream3.

-bill

                    "Sjsnort" <sjsnort at ...398...>
                    Sent by:                             To:     "Snort-Devel" <snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
                    snort-devel-admin at ...424...        cc:
                    eforge.net                           Subject:     Re: [Snort-devel] Snort 1.8 Beta5 (Build 24) - Req. urgent help

                    06/11/2001 08:17 AM

This is what gdb snort core gave me :-

Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation Fault.
#0  0x5e29c in TranslateUnicode (InBuff=0x34bf8 "", InLength=2,
OutBuff=0x0,
    OutLength=-268438140, p=0x3) at spp_unidecode.c:255
255             while ((num_this_char=GetNextChar(&InBuff[i], &new_char,
p))){

Siddhartha