[Snort-devel] When will snort be offically released?

Martin Roesch roesch at ...402...
Sat Jun 2 23:12:32 EDT 2001

Well, Real Soon Now.  There are a few basic problem when trying to
answer this question.

1) Stream3 is badly broken and probably requires a full rewrite with me
actually concentrating on it this time.

2) I'm working on a new output plugin that is a few more days from being
complete.

3) This new output plugin requires some changes to a couple subsystems
in the program, which is going to cause us to need to test things for a
few days.

4) All the docs need to be updated.

5) I'm busy with other things (work, etc).

I'd like to say 2 weeks, hopefully less, but there's no guarantees at
this point.

     -Marty

--
Martin Roesch