[Snort-devel] Segfault, massive memory usage in 1.8.1beta3 build 47

Bill Gercken bgercken at ...351...
Mon Jul 23 22:29:18 EDT 2001

Jed,

Sorry about that. That was my mistake. I was hoping that the change would be
verified before it was committed.

ver 1.37					ver 1.38
/*freetag(root->tag[x]);*/      /* this needs to be recursive, otherwise
memory will leak */
free(root->tag[x]);              freetag(root->tag[x]);

I have been experiencing severe crashes while using the spo_xml code and
that was the only way that the code would run for more then 30 seconds. I
will test the new build tomorrow, is it OK to send core dumps/traces
directly to you  if I experience problems?

Thanks,
-bill