[Snort-devel] a note on the snort code's organization

Todd Lewis tlewis at ...120...
Mon Jan 29 18:45:13 EST 2001

Snort 1.6.3 is giving me fits.  Needed type definitions are in snort.h
along with a lot of other crap.  This other crap precludes me from
including snort.h in separate code like a paengine.  The type definitions
should be put in a separate header file and that should be included
into snort.h.

Header files aren't just a convenient place to put the crap that comes
before The Real Programming; they should be crafted with the goal in mind
of being shared across multiple user files, and anything not intended
to be shared should be in the C file, not in a header file.

--
Todd Lewis                                       tlewis at ...120...