[Snort-devel] rules2sql.pl and sql2rules.pl

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Mon Jan 29 11:41:03 EST 2001

XML is ok, but I want to remain backwards compatible.  Basically I'm
talking about having rules parser plugins (groan).

By the time I get done, Snort's going to be about 100 lines of code with
60000 lines of plugins. :)

    -Marty

Todd Lewis wrote:

> If a db is ok, then is xml ok?
>
> --
> Todd Lewis                                       tlewis at ...120...
>
>   God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even
>   though I think it is hopeless.          - Admiral Chester W. Nimitz
>
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Martin Roesch wrote:
>
> > On a similar note, I'd like at some point to start thinking about
> > modifying Snort to be able to read rules/configuration data from a
> > database.  This is still a few months down the road, but I just wanted
> > to give you guys a heads up that doing good work on a schema now will
> > reward us all later. :)

Martin Roesch
roesch at ...48...
http://www.snort.org