[Snort-devel] 1.7 Quiet Mode Anyone?

Erek Adams erek at ...105...
Mon Jan 8 15:13:32 EST 2001

I'm having something odd happen here with quiet mode.

After some wailing and gnashing of teeth, I managed to get snort to replace
tcpdump in a SHADOW setup.  This is a good thing(tm).  After upgrading to 1.7,
I've got a very odd issue/error.

I call snort in readback mode with: "gunzip -c $file | snort -q -v -d -h
10.10.10.0/24 -r - $pattern" from a cgi.  This worked just fine in 1.7b8.  I
only got my desired output, and no oddities.  Now, in 1.7, I'm getting the
stats dropped into the output of the cgi.  I'm also getting the "Exiting..."
line in my Apache error.log.

I'm not sure if this is the intended way for quiet mode to work, so I thought
I'd ask.  :)

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy