[Snort-devel] Snort with Unix domain socket

Jean-Philippe Grenier jgrenier at ...177...
Thu Jan 4 14:22:46 EST 2001

For some reason I thought it was only sending the alert msg.

Guardian is a stand-alone Perl script which watches the output of
snort, and will add rules to IPChains on the fly as snort detects
and reports an attack. (www.whitehats.com/ids/guardian.tgz)

But then again, since Snort sends the packet in a structure, I
propably won't need Guardian. I only have to go throught the packet
and find the source ip and bloc it with ipchains.

It will be much faster then having Guardian parse an alert log with
a perl regular expression.

Thanks, really appreciate the help.

Jean-Philippe