[Snort-devel] snort 1.7 pretty much ready

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Tue Jan 2 16:34:13 EST 2001

There are still some "issues" in the stream reassembler, but for the time
being I don't see why that should hold up the release.  Chris Cramer has said
that he intends to fix this problem ASAP, and since it doesn't seem to effect
the stability of the system, I'll wrap it in a big "BETA" and we'll put it in
there.  After we release 1.7 I intend to switch the 1.X codebase to a "release
early, release often" methodology where we'll do sub-point releases every week
or two with the latest & greatest fixes.  At the same time, we're going to
begin development on 2.0 which is where the main concentration of effort will
go.

As Chris works on the stream reassembler, we'll integrate those changes
directly into the 1.7.X release series.

    -Marty

--
Martin Roesch