[Snort-devel] snort 1.7 pretty much ready

Fyodor fygrave at ...1...
Tue Jan 2 05:42:44 EST 2001

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 03:10:11AM -0500, Martin Roesch wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>      I've spent a good portion of the past few days doing testing and
> documentation and it looks like we're ready to go.  I'm just now checking in
> the last batch of code that will be shipped as version 1.7 barring anyone
> finding anything disasterous in the CVS code between now and the time I get
> the last of the documentation finished.  I've updated the snort.8 man page,
> the README file, and the USAGE file so far.  I also added a bunch of people to
> the CREDITS file, if you're not in there and you think you should be please
> drop me a line, I have a terrible memory sometimes. :)

Also updated NEWS, Changelog (please review, I probably missed a bunch of stuff there :))

>      Tonight I test compiled on all my available platforms: Linux, FreeBSD,
> OpenBSD, Solaris and Tru64 and it looks like things are running smoothly.

Also tested on HPUX 11.0, things seem to work (tm) ;-) (with a couple of compilation tweaks :))

>      I'm going to spend some time working on the web site tomorrow (updating
> the rules document and the downloads page) and if nobody has any objections,
> as soon as I'm finished with that we'll release version 1.7!

yep. :-) and have a party ;-P

--
http://www.notlsd.net