[Snort-devel] snort 1.7 pretty much ready

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Tue Jan 2 03:10:11 EST 2001

Hi Guys,
     I've spent a good portion of the past few days doing testing and
documentation and it looks like we're ready to go.  I'm just now checking in
the last batch of code that will be shipped as version 1.7 barring anyone
finding anything disasterous in the CVS code between now and the time I get
the last of the documentation finished.  I've updated the snort.8 man page,
the README file, and the USAGE file so far.  I also added a bunch of people to
the CREDITS file, if you're not in there and you think you should be please
drop me a line, I have a terrible memory sometimes. :)
     Tonight I test compiled on all my available platforms: Linux, FreeBSD,
OpenBSD, Solaris and Tru64 and it looks like things are running smoothly.
Fyodor, Jed and I have been doing a variety of checkins to the CVS repository
over the past few days but appears that the snort-cvs list isn't being updated
at this time (Sourceforge is moving their servers).  Hopefully this will be
fixed soon.
     I'm going to spend some time working on the web site tomorrow (updating
the rules document and the downloads page) and if nobody has any objections,
as soon as I'm finished with that we'll release version 1.7!  It's been a long
road, and I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past few
months, you've all been a great help!

     -Marty

--
Martin Roesch