[Snort-devel] Re: [Snort-users] Has anybody checked this out?

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Mon Feb 26 02:17:15 EST 2001

Fyodor wrote:

> Another thought for snort2.x, what about having it threaded/MPI'ed? So people who manage to build unix clusters
> could take advantage of that while running snort? I am currently testing some code with MPI (bruth thing)
> and it works quite nifty.

All in good time.  We must balance uniprocessor vs SMP vs cluster
performance...

> > I'd like to test out the code and see if there's some really original
> > stuff here, but unfortunately it doesn't compile cleanly on FreeBSD or
> > OpenBSD so I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
> >

> Want a patch? ;-)

Nah, got it running on my linux rig.  It identified an nmap fingerprint
scan as malformed packets....

   -Marty

--
Martin Roesch