[Snort-devel] Snort 1.7 SegFaults Reading a Bad Rule File

Fyodor fygrave at ...1...
Thu Feb 8 13:33:51 EST 2001

> > After thinking for a while.. :) shall we maybe stick with xml as well
> > in snort 2.x implementation? (and just code up snort1x->snort2x rules
> > converter).
>
> This is great that people are thinking in this direction.  Tell you
> what, I will draft up a sample rule file in XML and post it shortly
> to get the ball rolling.

The way I'd suggest we go, first we elaborate XML format for snort, then will
code up parser for this (which we could probably extend into two-way converter for
old and new rules <xml>-->internal representation, and internal representation-->old-format and visa-versa.. or something,
althrough for converter I'd stick with perl, easier to code up :))