[Snort-devel] divert packet acquisition engine

Matthew George mgeorge at ...120...
Tue Feb 6 09:02:21 EST 2001

in short, yes

from close(2):

When a process exits, all associated file descriptors are freed, but
since there is a limit on active descriptors per processes, the close()
function call is useful when a large quantity of file descriptors are be-
ing handled.

--
Matthew George
Security Analyst