[Snort-devel] IDS fingerprinting techniques & Snort's FlexRe sponse...

agetchel at ...358... agetchel at ...358...
Wed Aug 22 23:06:15 EDT 2001

> -Third, I dunno, I don't think this is a really big deal so
> I'm wondering why
>  I'm extending this theoretical debate... prolly just being a
> an ornery techie. :-)
>  So maybe we are in violent agreement after all..

	You don't think it's a big deal if an intruder knows where your IDS
is placed and what software it's running?  Just because a technique hasn't
been used to break into a network, doesn't mean it's theoretical.  I've
_done_ this in a lab environment to make sure I wasn't talking out of my
@$$. =)

Thanks,
Abe

Abe L. Getchell - Security Engineer