[Snort-devel] Snort 1.8.1-RELEASE silently exiting when stream4 enabled

tlewis at ...255... tlewis at ...255...
Fri Aug 17 22:55:00 EDT 2001

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Martin Roesch wrote:

> Stream4 has been tested extensively and shown to be extremely stable on
> tested platforms at heavy utilization rates (including tru64/Alpha), but
> I haven't had a chance to test it on Alpha/Linux.  We do our best on
> these less widespread platforms, but it's hard to debug for every
> possible combination of hardware and software that are out there.

Marty is right; it is very hard to debug such non-descript problems.  Why
not run snort in the foreground under a debugger with a breakpoint set on
"_exit" and submit a stack trace when it exits?

--
Todd Lewis
tlewis at ...255...