[Snort-devel] Snort 1.8.1 released!

Michael H. Warfield mhw at ...602...
Wed Aug 15 10:33:45 EDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 03:08:14AM -0400, Martin Roesch wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>      Snort 1.8.1 is available on our brand new web site!  Please head on
> over to http://www.snort.org and have a look at the new site and check
> out the new release.  For the impatient, you can get the latest tarball
> straight from http://www.snort.org/releases/snort-1.8.1-RELEASE.tar.gz.

	When I go to the "tarball" URL I get bounced to the www.snort.org
home page.  The download section of the site tells me that the correct
URL is really this:

	http://snort.sourcefire.com/releases/snort-1.8.1-RELEASE.tar.gz

	This does seem to work (unlike the last two, beta5 and rc1, which
gave me not found errors the other night) and I've been able to download
it now.   Thanks!