[Snort-devel] Snort-1.8.1-rc2 released

Andrew Hoying andrewh at ...597...
Mon Aug 13 17:25:34 EDT 2001

Hello,

I'm new to the developer list, but I've been working with snort for several
months now. I use snort on the Linux embedded appliance firewall, project at
leaf.sourceforge.net. The LEAF distribution still uses glibc 2.0.7 and I'm
not sure if this is part of the problem that I'm seeing.

Under all of the recent beta releases including this release candidate I
have been unable to use the xml plugin. As soon as one packet is logged
snort segfaults. Unfortunately because this is an embedded environment I
don't have any debug tools available on the system to generate a report for
you.

I'm compiling snort on a redhat system with the glibc20 compatibility
libraries loaded. I configure it without added features and then strip the
binary. I realize that this isn't very much information, but hopefully it
will help debug snort further before the final release of 1.8.1

Andrew Hoying.