[Snort-devel] Re: [Snort-users] win32

Chris Reid Chris.Reid at ...585...
Wed Aug 8 12:28:16 EDT 2001

Many thanks should go to Fyodor for his efforts of integrating the Win32
changes into the Snort source tree!

I'd like to make a couple of observations and corrections.

The Win32 project I provided to Fyodor used a directory structure which
followed that of the Snort 1.7 Win32 port by Michael Davis.  But in the
interest of cleaning up the directory structure, Fyodor has placed all
Win32-specific directories into a common "win32" directory.  Not a bad idea,
I might add.  However, this resulted in breaking the original Visual C++
project.  I've created an updated ".dsp" file which should replace the one
currently in CVS.

One other thing I noticed when testing Fyodor's CVS update is that the Win32
library "libpcap.lib" he put into CVS causes Visual C++ to generate an error
about a corrupt library when linking the EXE.  For my own testing, I
replaced his library with one I had been linking to for my own development.
The one I have is dated Apr 03, 2000.  The file sizes are slightly
different, but beyond that I don't know what other differences exist between
the two libraries.

These two files (new .dsp and old .lib) can be found in the ZIP file
attached to this message.  Perhaps one of the Snort project administrators
would be so kind as to add them to CVS.

Chris Reid