[Snort-devel] Snort-1.8.1-beta6 available

Martin Roesch roesch at ...402...
Mon Aug 6 18:13:11 EDT 2001

Hey everyone,
     As most of you probably know, I was unavailable last week due to
the birth of our daughter Molly (pix and stats at
http://www.sourcefire.com/molly).  We've gotten past that point now and
I'm able to get back on task here with Snort, and as such I've released
a new beta of 1.8.1 that adventurous types might want to check out.
Here's the link:

http://www.snort.org/files/snort-1.8.1-beta6.tar.gz

There's a bunch of tweaks and bug fixes, so if you've been seeing
problems with Snort 1.8+ to this point give this one a try.  There are
two more bugs that we're trying to fix before the 1.8.1 release:

1) crash bug in frag2 inserts
2) uricontent and associated code is acting weirdly, needs to be tweaked

Once we get those nailed down we'll release.

     -Marty

--
Martin Roesch
roesch at ...402...