[Snort-devel] Portscan preprocessor output not showing up in acid with a Postgresql

Chris Green cmg at ...81...
Fri Apr 27 20:44:20 EDT 2001

Joshua Krage <jkrage at ...401...> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 11:15:33AM +0000, roman at ...49... wrote:
> > PostgreSQL does not support OUTER (in this case LEFT) joins.
>
> Versions of PostgreSQL prior to 7.1 (released April 14) did not support
> outer joins.  As of 7.1, they support SQL92 Outer joins.
>
> The PostgreSQL site had some workarounds using UNION/NOT IN.

I'll also say postgres 7.1 is important for snort b/c it allows one to
log any size packet.  Previous to that, tuples over 8192 bytes were
not stored.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...81...>
A good pun is its own reword.