[Snort-devel] RE: Snort XML Plug-in: send XML to servlet

roman at ...49... roman at ...49...
Tue Apr 24 11:19:38 EDT 2001

John,

Using servlets should not present any problems to the XML
plugin.  Essentially, Snort will attempt to make an HTTP POST
request to the web server.  The target URI of the POST will
be whatever is configured in the 'file' parameter; that is to say,
that string will be put directly into the raw HTTP POST request.
Thus, you can have it invoke a servlet, JSP, etc.  The "file"
parameter is synonynous to the HTML <FORM> attribute
"ACTION="

cheers,
Roman