[Snort-devel] Problems with libnet 1.0.2

Deven Phillips dphillips at ...392...
Sun Apr 22 22:13:24 EDT 2001

All,

	I have downloaded the latest version of snort, and I tried to compile
it on Mandrake 8.0. The configure script runs, and the make process
starts out fine. When make goes to compile sp_response.c, I get an error
about not having defined if the system is big/little endian. I inserted
a line in the source file "#define LIBNET_LIL_ENDIAN" and tried to
compile again. I then recieved more erros that look to be that snort's
current source is not compatible with this version of libnet. Can anyone
confirm/deny this? Does anyone have a fix?

Deven Phillips, CISSP
Information Security Officer
Viata Online, Inc.