[Snort-devel] Possible Memory Leak?

Len Burns lenb at ...122...
Tue Apr 17 13:01:39 EDT 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Martin Roesch wrote:

> As the tcp stream reassembler and IP defragmenter start analyzing
> traffic they start to eat memory to keep state and store packets.  It
> should steady down after a while to a pretty static size, see how long
> it takes to get to a value like 14MB and see if remains relatively
> steady there....
I have had a snort session running since Saturday evening, the good
news is, it has not crashed, but I do think we have a leak.  From top:
2183 root       4    0   111M   62M sleep   119:48  3.81%  3.81% snort
It has been steadily growing.  I have let it run, because it is on a
test box where it can do no harm.

-Len