[Snort-devel] snort failes on ppp0

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at ...372...
Mon Apr 9 17:15:40 EDT 2001

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Fyodor wrote:

> > Reading symbols from /lib/libnss_files.so.2...done.
> > #0  0x255a0 in _init ()
> > (gdb)
> >
> > After typing bt:
> >
> > #0  0x255a0 in _init ()
> > #1  0x2537c in _init ()
> > #2  0x252cc in _init ()
> > #3  0x1c814 in _init ()
> > #4  0x1beec in _init ()
> > #5  0x1bae8 in _init ()
> > #6  0x13378 in _init ()
> > #7  0x501f56a8 in __libc_start_main () at ../sysdeps/generic/libc-start.c:122
> > (gdb)
> >
> > glibc is v2.1.3 (Latest update from Red Hat Linux 6.2 as goes for the
> > other software on the little bugger)
>
> Oh.. doh.. :) you sure the result is correct? :) we don't touch _init() at all so it isn't supposed crash there. Does snort-daily tarball make any difference? :)

I usually don't try moving targets. I checked the log I made during the
compilation of snort (I cook my own RPM files). There is not an error or
even a warning so it seemed a clean compilation.

Any reason why a more recent version should solve this issue.

The only thing I noticed was:
CFLAGS=-O2 -m32 -mtune=ultrasparc
./configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc/snort --enable-smbalerts

Might it be the smbalerts?

It also missed out on MySQL during the configure stage.

Also rather curious wether someone runs it on a slower SPARC platform like
my SPARCclassic at all.

I've started to compile without the SMB stuff. May take sometime to
complete and I'm due for some sleep.

Hugo.

--
Alle email aan mij verzonden is gebonden aan de regels beschreven op
mijn homepage.

    hvdkooij at ...372...		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/

	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.